Sunday, May 10, 2009

the Beginnings of AGI..

Beginning this new program AGI working with rendering and calculating lighting, I became super overwhelmed. I knew that I needed to have 3 different types of lighting and 1 architectural detail/element, so I did some research on different types of lighting elements.

The first one is suspended recessed lighting, which can be used in both commercial or residential areas. I find these slick and small enough and small enough to be able to fit into a residential space, as well as being able to give off enough light to help light the space properly without making the space full of them. 


Here is an image of recessed lighting shown in a dining space. Most residential spaces I have been in, have had recessed lighting throughout the spaces. They give off great light and because they are flush with the ceiling the dont overwhelm the ceiling or the space as well. 



Above: represents an architectural detail/element, because it is a residential space I wanted the architectural element to be less loud then this one, but I thought it was a cool detail for a commercial or retail space, it provides good space for the lights as well as a source for way finding and for visual pleasure.



cove lighting was what I found myself proposing for the space. It allows ambient lighting when there is daylight as well as good night time lighting. I wanted to focus on keeping as much daylighting in the space and in use as possible which is why i chose an architectural element that was sensitive to the natural lighting as well as the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment