Sunday, February 15, 2009

For my studio project we are working on an institutional design project, and when looking for lighting in the re-design of 204, I came across this sleek lighting design that I felt would work well in an institution. 
This light reminded me somewhat of our lighting box project, its dealing with negative and positive space and how they interact with the light thats included on the inside. 
This light also dealt a bit with the positive and negative space, but what caught my eye about this light was the color. Its a strong color, but it works with the shape and the design of the light. I could see this in a modern retail space, in a residential area, etc. 

This was my favorite that i found. When I was in Italy, the light that is similar to this, but designed as a floor lamp, were all over in every lighting store and ever design place, and I loved it, and have since wanted to purchase one...I like this light because it comes off the wall- it would be cool in a restaurant setting or in a residential or retail space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment